Sunday 14 December 2014


Unplanned happenings

 

Tol Ass Mo aka “ Mongezi  Mahlangu “is some gugu gaga , weird ass , crazy SA comedian  from Jozi who just kills me as he has a sense of humour for days  ( and I am a sucker for funny & weird guys ), so this Friday put on my freaking dress on and headed  to Melrose Arch in Protea Hotel where Tol ass Mo had one of his shows . The show‘s thyme was “Truth be told “ and boy was the truth told  J.

 The gig itself was intimate, very classy setting, funny Mo’s attire was not that bad nor too colourful but rather cool looking, i.e  he dressed all black and dope black and white jacket . The show started a bit late ( …as Mo was running late !! black folks and time yerrr..) but once he got there it was all laughter , I loved the fact that his favourite Hip- hop jam currently is “HoT N***ga “ by Bobby Shmurd .. loveeeee that!!!! as its my JAM tooo  and the beats on that track toooo dopeJ , anyway the show began and right from the start Mo just killed it , I laughed so hard I was crying and beside myself nje .

I must say that there wasn’t a time where I felt he made a joke that wasn’t funny , I mean he was just on point about everything , from the way he grew up , his jokes being influenced by his gram  but the one thing  that killed me the most was when he started talking about “ black women’s hair “ , oooooh my word he literally had me crying and my stomach was just in too much pain from the laughter … “ truth be told “  Tol ass Mo told the truth .

At the same time as Tol ass Mo was performing and cracking everybody up , I was very impressed and inspired by him as a person as in between his jokes ,he would be  real and serious for a sec about his  thoughts on how we live our lives today , the pressures of trying to impress others instead of just being genuine and ourselves and living in accordance to what we can afford, also appreciating the connections we make with others as real folks are very seldom these days . The energy from the show was awesome for a lack of a better word  and apart from some gugu gaga celebrities who wanted to be noticed , I have one thing to say : “bitches please it wasn’t about you but Tol ass Mo’s night period “.

Honestly I get inspired by the most  weirdest things and seeing  Tol ass Mo perform was just one priceless experience I ll never forget , just as seeing  our young “Diddy” Cassper Nyovest perform in Newtown two weeks back  ( another gugu gaga moment for me ) .  

Unplanned things have a way of sticking and influencing us unexpectedly , as I was watching Mo perform my mind was literally stuck on one  thought that I have been struggling to shake off , but then again realised that you cannot control everything and sometimes its best to just let shit happen and let the heart have what it wants .

Thanks for an awesome show TolASS Mo, as they say ngesiNdebele  :”Siyathokoza Mfo”

Love

Brenda Mahlangu .




No comments: