Monday 5 January 2015


 Things I still believe in…..

So my plans to enjoy the holidays dint go so well, needless to say that shit happened and I am ok with that but at least I managed to finish my” Long walk to freedom” book , which was awesome !! (made me wanna high five umkhulu Mandela in spirit) , I made an attempt to paint , then I realized it was way too much admin for my hands ( don’t judge me …)

As we indulge our wishes and plans into the new year , I feel at ease as I promised myself that will stress less and be grateful for everything ( though its going  to be tough as I am constantly under pressure  but  I ll just be strong !! because I kinda love it sometimes) . Fast forward I am going to be the female version of “Ted Mosby “from the comedy series “ how I met your mother “  for a sec and say the  things that I still believe in even though we live in such a fake like society.

·         I still believe that karma always plays its part when the time is right

·         I still believe in the simplicity of love, showing kindness and being genuine with folks I truly value even if they might hurt me in return  

·          I know fear has a way of making one belittle their capabilities and has the power to cripple the mind if you allow it

·         I know how unfair life is but I also know that not giving up on one self feels way awesome than letting circumstances define you.

·         I still think spending time with self is important for the soul and eliminates any neediness and fear of just enjoying your own presence.

·         I still value the right to be speak my mind.

·         I still appreciate the innocence of toddlers as they literally make me smile with my heart.

·         I know nobody can make me happy but can only add to my happiness  

·         I know god is my everything

·         I know I am blessed with two good friends whom I will grow old with and still bitch with like it was yesterday.

·         I know I will never stop being weird and a little bit crazy (again don’t  judge me J..)

·         I still don’t believe in conformity, (personally I think it’s a bitch of a thing ….)

·         I know being humble goes a long way.

·         I know bad experiences have changed me and good ones have stayed with me.

·         I know my first love is hip-hop music and soul music is my best friend (figuratively speaking that is…)

·         I know I’d rather end up with a being who inspires me , than be with someone just for the sake of being with them .

·         I still think grief is worse than a heartbreak  

·         I still think pretence has an expiry date

·         I still think folks who have been hurt come off as cold and distant sometimes in actual fact they are just extremely sensitive and fragile.

·         I still think cooking naked is therapeutic , if your free spirited and own your body .

·         I know I will do more yoga this year  if I make time

·         I know I am still gona have lots of priceless moments in this life.

·         I still believe in my heart  that one day I will end  up in ROMEJ

 

Love

Brenda .
 

 

 

 

No comments: